MOJO: Shoot and edit iPhone & Android video like a pro.
This course is used by academics and HR departments to provide certificate training programs in mobile journalism for students and professionals.
The curriculum here is the same one used by reporters at The New York Times, CNN, BBC, VRT, TVN, 24SATA, Channel News Asia, and in our workshops.
This course is a world-class offering backed up by years of social proof, feedback and continuous improvement. It is the state of the art.
This course features details video tutorials that teach you the best methods to quickly produce social video and mobile journalism.
What will the course cover?
- How to record and edit high-quality video
- How to tell your story with pictures
- How to produce professional quality video interviews
- How to produce interactive images that include Web links and audio
- The most practical apps and essential gear for getting broadcast quality results
If you tell stories for a living or teach storytelling skills, this course is for you.What will I learn by the end of the course?
"I am a senior at Notre Dame in a Multimedia Journalism class with Len Clark and I found this course to be extremely helpful and interesting! Definitely many tools that I can utilize in my future career!" — Elizabeth Carson
- Gain hands-on experience with many storytelling techniques for creating snackable and shareable visual content for mobile consumers.
- Participate in exercises that involve visual story planning, visually-led reporting techniques and writing to pictures.
- Have a comprehensive view of how field reporters can create a wide range of multimedia content and how to organize workflows to take full advantage of this capability.
- How to quickly produce video for Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Youtube, and Snapchat audiences.
Enroll now!Video is a powerful language that engages with mobile audiences.
Mastering visual storytelling is one of the smartest investments you will ever make.
All you will need is your phone . . . and this course.Visual storytelling literacy is the foundation skill that resonates in a world dominated by small screens and short attention spans.
This course will teach you everything you need to know how to make social video with the video camera you already have - your mobile phone.
From live video to short-form stories - social media offers a new creative landscape for reporters and storytellers.You will learn to:
Quickly shoot, edit and share video content from anywhere.Produce quick-hit visual content for chat apps and social media
- Make high-quality video interviews
- Write and record a great script
- Broadcast a live video report
- Plan and produce short form video
In this foundation course, you will get step-by-step guidance about the styles and production methods for producing more than 10 types of video stories.Social video is the most effective way to reach mobile millennials.
Social video allows your news stories, sponsored content, brand messaging, and native advertising to travel across social media channels and chat app platforms, with your branding and message intact.What will I learn?
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
- Viewers are 85 percent more likely to purchase a product after watching a video
- 79 percent of internet traffic will be video content by 2018.
- Online video revenue is growing at 110 percent annually. More than any form of advertising.
- Content with relevant images gets 94 percent more views than content without.
When a story breaks right in front of your eyes, you reach for video camera in your pocket.
This course will teach you what to do next so that you can use your smartphone to its full potential.
The lessons in this course were developed from the experiences of training thousands of broadcast journalists how to tell stories with their mobile phones.
You will learn how to use visually-led approaches that improve your reporting and your stories.“Excellent content, very well presented.” — Leah Dodrill
This course will help you:
The instructor is a journalism professor who knows how to take reporters through the steps of making mobile multimedia stories.
- Combine charts, maps and title cards into a video
- Make a video clip from photos
- Edit video rushes on deadline
- Storyboard a documentary-style video
- Record smooth video
- Manage video files between apps
- Add sound bites to photos
- Record voice over narration
- Film in shot sizes and patterns
- Use the best apps for video
- Perform simple, but powerful video editing
- Compress time with sequences
- Edit audio tracks in iMovie
- Edit voice-over narration
- Write a great script
- Storyboard a short video report
- Organize visual elements into a video story
- Produce interactive photo reports
This course features clear guidance on apps, mics, lights and other gear that will instantly improve all of the video you make with a mobile device.
It also introduces the building blocks and processes for planning, filming and editing video stories.Important information before you enroll.
"Robb is very clear and straightforward in his teaching, and I appreciate the way his lectures are backed up with slide or text reviews. Production quality is professional. Highly recommended!”
- Take this course, risk-free. It is backed by a 30 day money-back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked.
- Once enrolled, you have unlimited lifetime access to the course
- You will have instant access to all updates added to the course
- Take a free preview and be assured of the lecture quality
- No previous video production experience is required.
– Stephen Box
I encourage you to take this course now.